This simple vegan jambalaya is a super tasty,satisfying and nutritious dish.It's a delicious dinner recipe,which is also oil-free and very low in fat.
Jambalaya is a dish from Lousiana,which has its origins in the Spanish and French cuisines,especially in the Spanish dish paella and jambalaia,a French dish from Provence.
Classic recipe is not vegan and is made with some meat or seafood,veggies and rice.We've made a plant-based version using chickpeas and beans instead of an animal-based protein.
It's a super nutritious dish because it contains vegetables,protein and a carbohydrate and is also so tasty because of the spices we've used.此外，you can add or omit any manbetx英雄联盟ingredient you want because this recipe always works.
Did you make this recipe?请在下面留言，share it,rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it#simpleveganblog.We'd love to see what you cook!!
- 1/2 onion,we used red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes (400 g)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 cup uncooked rice (200 g),we used short grain white rice
- 3 cups water orvegetable broth(750 ml)
- 2 tbsptahini(optional)
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas (180 g)
- 1 cup canned or cooked kidney beans (180 g)
- 将切碎的蔬菜放入平底锅或大壶中加水，中火加热5分钟。Add more water if needed.Feel free to sauté the veggies in some oil if you want,but omit the tahini.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the tamari or soy sauce and the spices and stir.Then add the rice and the water or broth and bring to a boil.中高热煮15分钟或直到米饭煮熟。
- Add the tahini (optional),chickpeas and beans,stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve with some chopped fresh parsley on top (optional).
- Keep the vegan jambalaya in the fridge in a sealed container for 4 to 5 days.
- Use any veggies,spices or legumes you like.
- Feel free to use fresh tomatoes instead of the chopped canned tomatoes.
- Add salt instead of the tamari or soy sauce if you want.
- The classic recipe is made with long grain rice,but we used what we had on hand.Use any type of rice you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 305
- Sugar： 4.8 g
- Sodium: 273毫克
- 脂肪： 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.9 g
- Fiber: 9.5 g
- 蛋白质： 13.8 g